Mechanical Maintenance Technician , Days Mechanical Maintenance Technician , Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
£40,000-£42,000 + 23 days holiday plus bank holidays + Overtime + Contributory Pension
Commutable from Barton, Brigg, Broughton, Caistor, Driffield, Doncaster, Hessle, Hull, Immingham, Laceby, Louth Grimsby, Market Rasen, Scunthorpe, Stallingbrough
- Monday to Friday Days role 8am to 4pm as guide, but some flexibility is available
- Opportunity to work for a stable and well-established company.
- Excellent Training Provided for those that want to up-skill
- Lots of variety in the role
- Longer term chance to move to a supervisory/team leader role
- Longer Term chance to get involved in various projects and improvements work
My client is a specialist process manufacturer who supply to a range of different industries. They are a well-established firm and have a growing order book. The firms’ products are supporting a sustainable and greener world and the site is continually investing into both product and site-based improvements.
You must have the following:
- Must be apprentice trained in Engineering with a minimum of NVQ level 3
- Must have previous Mechanical Maintenance Engineering Experience
- Must be able to fault find both Mechanical and Electrical
- Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety
- Must have experience of Pre planned maintenance
- Must be happy working in a heavy and sometimes dirty environment.
- Monday – Friday Days (08:00-16:00)
- Mechanical bias with basic electrical knowledge 80:20 (not essential)
- Perform site maintenance tasks
- Helping with planning, scheduling on site maintenance works required.
The role of the Maintenance Technician will be a key role within the production for the Plant and heavily involved in Health and Safety, Quality, Maintenance Reporting and the reliable running of the Plant , reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager and providing support to the Operations Team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager your responsibilities will be, but not limited to: –
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance with the consideration for operational running and health and safety.
- Complete work requests within an agreed timescale.
- Reactive to breakdowns and support in getting equipment and machinery back to correct operating condition.
- Carry out root cause analysis on equipment to eliminate faults and improve equipment efficiency.
- Lead on continuous improvement projects to increase the reliability and efficiency of our processes.
- Keeping track of stock levels and reporting ordering requirements.
- Carry out observations and maintenance PPM’s to prevent production stoppage.
- Working as part of a small team but would be expected to work independently at times.
- Understand the operation of our Regeneration Plants.
- Have knowledge/understanding of maintenance systems.
- To be able to prioritise maintenance works where situations arise.
- Experience in managing stock levels, communicating with suppliers to order stock as required,
- Potential to work on customer sites as the leading maintenance expert of the equipment.
- Be the company representative for installation of filters on customer sites.
- To act as the Maintenance Manger in their absence.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.