Shift Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical M/S Engineer
Based in East Yorkshire, Commutable from Anlaby, Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham , Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Preston, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
-£49,872 + overtime available at Time and a Half and Double Time + Call Outs + Contributory Pension up to 10% + Health Insurance + 26 days holiday equivalent in annualised hours
– Chance to work for a well -established company who are part of a huge worldwide group
– Lots of variety in the role and the chance to work on a range of complex and automated equipment
– Lots of investment on site including a recent multi-million-pound expansion which will result in a huge increase in capacity
– A friendly place to work with a low staff turnover and longer-term opportunities to progress
My client is a leading specialist process food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a multi-skilled maintenance engineer. The company are part of a huge multinational group with sites across the globe. Please note although this is a food firm the plant and the machinery is more like a chemical plant/industrial processing plant.
You must have the following:
- Previous multi-skilled maintenance experience
- Ideally be apprentice trained in Engineering in either Mechanical, Electrical or Multi-Skilled
- Must have an excellent knowledge of Health and Safety
- Must be confident working on PLCs.
- Ideally have 17th or 18th edition
- Must be able to work both alone and in a small team.
- Must have a real can-do attitude and be pro-active with their approach.
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure.
- Experience of both reactive and pre-planned maintenance
- Ideally have some instrumentation experience
The role will be working a rotating 12 hr work doing blocks of 2 and 3 Days or Nights within a 5 week rota The start times will be either 7am or 7pm and the company always have a relief week within the 5 week rota to be able to recharge and rest before the next set of shifts . The successful candidate will be working as part of a team of 10-12 engineers reporting to the Eng Mgr and Team Leader.
The role will require you to deliver and demonstrate on a regular basis the following competencies:
Safety, Systems and control
- Demonstrate safe working practices at all times.
- Produce and review RAMs
- RCA and detailed fault finding
- Carry out Planed Preventative Maintenance and reactive maintenance and all associated system activity
- Use of all site safety systems including L.O.T.O system, testing for dead and safe reinstallation to the plant.
- Follow the correct permit systems, produce Risk assessments, Safe Systems of Work, C.O.S.H.H. assessments to safely complete your allocated work stream
- Work on PLCs, HMIs, DCS and communications hardware and software
- Instrument Calibrations, control valve maintenance
- Refurbishment of all types of plant and equipment including laboratory, factory, and Effluent Treatment Plant to ensure the effectiveness of the plant.
- Carry out Duty holder roles
- Competent to work with all sites hazardous systems including steam, air, water, and a variety of dangerous chemicals including HCL, Nitric acid, caustic and ammonia plus others and their bulk storage.
- Mentor others to promote a good working knowledge of the plant throughout all aspects of work.
- Good communication with all grades keeping them aware of work undertaken and hand over`s when completed.
- Forming part of wider project teams or individual multiskilled activities
To apply for the Shift Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 6348SC by email to Simon Cutsforth : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.