Applications Engineer / Physics Graduate / Lab Applications Engineer
Commutable from Anlaby, Barton, Beverley, Brigg, Cottingham, Hessle, Hull, Swanland, Skidby, Walkington, Willerby
Salary and Benefits
£28,000- £32,000 + 33 days holidays including stats + Bonus + Lots of Overtime at time and a half + pension
- Working for a stable and rapidly expanding company
- Chance to work at the firm’s brand-new state of the art factory.
- Chance to increase your salary as competency increases and you can move up to different pay grades.
- Chance to work for a High Tech market leader within Manufacturing / Engineering
- Opportunity to work on a high-tech product range.
- Lots of variety in the role and plenty of problem solving
- Work in a clean and modern manufacturing environment
- Excellent Training Provided
My client is an award-winning manufacturer in a specialist and growing market that supplies a range of different industries including Medical, Electronics, Automotive, Plastics, Food and Drink, Steel and Pharmaceutical. The company boasts an impressive state of the art factory with an innovative and positive work culture.
You must have the following:
- Must have completed a degree in Physics
- Must have experience of Lab working either at University or Work Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organisational skills, ability to plan and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision, must be self-motivated and willing to learn.
- Attention to detail, precision, ability to produce work of the highest standard.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with basic software, such as email and MS Office. CAD experience would be desirable, although not essential.
- Must be open to travel longer term as customer involvement increases as your product knowledge and experience increase
- Working in the Applications Labs, testing customer applications, producing detailed application reports, and keeping accurate records of application work carried out.
- Completing technical reports, summarising test results and findings
- Communicating with customers and colleagues around the world, by email, telephone and video conferencing, providing advice and assistance with applications.
- Installing and maintaining lasers and other equipment in the Applications Labs.
- General support duties within the Sales department, including assisting admin and marketing staff with technical issues, verification of documentation and sales orders, etc.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.