Based in East Yorkshire – Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Barton, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull,Grimsby, Preston Scunthorpe, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £55,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
- A modern friendly site with a great working atmosphere
My client is a leading food manufacturing company with sites across the UK. The company are going through significant growth at present as demand increases. They are looking to recruit an Technical Manager role to join the team on a 14 month contract to cover maternity.
You must have the following:
- Proven experience in a lead Technical role within the Food sector whether it is an Asst Tech Mgr or a QA mgr looking for the next step up or an existing Technical Manager.
- Attention to Detail
- Drive to Achieve
- Strategic Vision
- Stakeholder Management
- Communicating and Influencing
- Organisation and Planning
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Managing Change
The key elements of the role are to assume responsibility for:
- Ensure that the Technical team, including the job holder, work an Ethical manner with everyone that works or visits the site and that people are treated with respect at all times.
- To agree and deliver a technical business plan for the site.
- To develop a working relationship with all external technical contacts with regard to suppliers, customers and all relevant enforcement agencies and certification bodies.
- To be a member of the site HACCP, TACCP, Allergen and Crisis Management teams.
- To lead 3rd Party or Retailer visits and to ensure that the site is prepared for all known visits.
- To drive improvements, by working with all departments, to reduce complaints and other non-conformances.
- To ensure that site Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are monitored and communicated to the senior management team and where issues are highlighted to develop corrective actions to ensure that root causes are established and prevented.
- Manage all costs withing the respective department, be able to demonstrate control and action points and to reduce and acknowledge the overspend.
- To liaise with the nominated site internal auditor to ensure that all internal audits (BRC, Appropriate Retailer Codes of Practices) are completed as per the internal audit schedules for the site. To host these audits and provide all information requested.
- To ensure that any non-conformances raised during the internal audits are completed and signed off by the appropriate person within the agreed timescales.
- To ensure that root cause analysis is completed for all non-conformances raised and preventive actions are installed and completed to prevent any reoccurrence of the issues.
- To ensure that, where any major non-conformances are raised during the internal audits, evidence of the action take is returned to Group Technical Compliance within the agreed timescales.
- To complete, where necessary, any appropriate internal audit as directed by the Group Technical Compliance Controller.
- To ensure the safety, legality and quality of all products manufactured on site and in doing so ensuring that all objectives and procedures detailed within the Quality Manual are met and are compliant to the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and Retailer Codes of Practices, and where this is not achieved that corrective action, root cause analysis and preventative actions are agreed with the appropriate area managers / supervisors and actioned.
- To manage the QA Manager to ensure that the day-to-day tasks are completed so that the site complies with all relevant legislation and customer requirements.