Shift Production Manager, Shift Manager
Based in East Yorkshire – Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Barton, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Preston, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £40,000 + Pension + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
- A key role in the business and chance to make a huge impact
My client is a leading food manufacturing company with sites across the UK. The company are going through significant growth at present and recording record sales. This position is at a newly established site with ambitious growth plans for the next 1-2 years.
You must have the following:
- Must have experience as a Shift Manager or Production Manager in a Food Manufacturing background
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be results focussed and be able to work to KPIs
- Must be able to inspire, motivate and lead others
- Must have CI and Improvement experience
The Shift Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of all department to include; trays, packaging, ingredients and raw material. They will also be responsible for all preparation aspects of the factory whilst always striving to consistently improve the quality, departmental throughput, and performance.
The main duties would include:
- Provide guidance and day to day leadership to the processing team
- Ensuring compliance with all system-based processes and procedures within the department
- Train and develop team to ensure continuity of standards, even in the candidate’s absence
- Work with other department managers to ensure smooth production and delivery of all produce to the finished customer
- Maintain the highest health and safety standards
- Ensure waste is kept to a minimum and second nature is the forefront of the operation
- Any other reasonable requests made by the Directors
- To promote, monitor and maintain a high standard of hygienic practice, and quality to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed customers’ expectations.
- Delivering KPI’s and increasing year on year performance.
- To communicate, report and performance manage the team in a positive and supportive environment.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.