Shift Production Manager, Shift Manager, Operations Team Leader
Commutable from North Scarle, Lincoln, Newark, North Hykeham, Nettleton, Branston, Collingham, Retford, Saxillby, Scampton, Sutton on Trent.
Salary and Benefits
- £38,000- £40,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Exciting time to join the business with lots of recent investment and further growth plans in place
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
- A key role in the business and chance to make a huge impact
My client are a well-established niche manufacturing firm who have 2 sites on the Lincolnshire / Nottinghamshire border. They have a strong brand presence and a history of producing world class products. The business has recently been taken over by a bigger group who are investing heavily in the site both in new machinery and trying to introduce new SOPs and improvements to raise standards even further. manufacturing world class
You must have the following:
- Must have experience as a Shift Manager, Operations or Production Team Leader, Production Manager or equivalent in an FMCG, Food or Manufacturing background
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to get the best out of people
- Must be results focussed and be able to work to KPIs
- Must be able to inspire, motivate and lead others
- Ideally have CI and Improvement experience
The Shift Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and co-ordination of the shift, in an effective and efficient manner, ensuring that customer requirements are achieved in line with product specifications and that production yields are attained at all times. Effectively manage the team by motivating staff and assigning tasks that sometimes require challenging the norm. The post holder will be leading a team of 6-10 to start with, but this will grow as the business gets bigger.
The main duties would include:
- Provide guidance and day to day leadership to the processing team
- Ensuring compliance with all system-based processes and procedures within the department
- Train and develop team to ensure continuity of standards, even in the candidate’s absence
- Work with other department managers to ensure smooth production and delivery of all produce to the finished customer
- Maintain the highest health and safety standards
- Ensure waste is kept to a minimum and second nature is the forefront of the operation
- Any other reasonable requests made by the Directors
- To promote, monitor and maintain a high standard of hygienic practice, and quality to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed customers’ expectations.
- Delivering KPI’s and increasing year on year performance.
- To communicate, report and performance manage the team in a positive and supportive environment.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.