Shift Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington. Cottingham , Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Preston, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £42,762.72 + overtime available + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- No nights, this is a 4 on 4off Days role which changes between 5am -5pm and 10am-10pm
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Chance to work on a modern purpose-built site with lots of new equipment and technologies
- Opportunity to improve your salary with Overtime
- Longer term chance to process within the company.
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a M/S maintenance engineer. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets.
You must have the following:
- Previous maintenance engineer experience
- Must be multi skilled and be competent and confident in both Electrical and Mechanical fault finding
- Ideally be apprentice trained with 17th or 18th edition
- Must be able to work both alone and in a small team.
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure.
- Experience of both reactive and pre-planned maintenance
- Ideally candidates would have food experience, but other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
This role is to work on a 4 on 4 off Days Shift Pattern
The principal purpose of the role will be to maintain the designated plant and equipment sufficiently to enable the business to operate within food hygiene and health and safety regulations. The candidates will be working in a Food manufacturing environment on a range of equipment including packaging machines, cutting machines, seal packaging equipment, slicing machines, check weighers, conveyors. The role will be truly multi-skilled, and the candidates will be responding to various breakdowns and carrying out Pre Planned Maintenance. The position will be working in a refrigerated/chilled environment.
- To comply with relevant Engineering specifications, and Environmental, Health & Safety policies and current legislation.
- To assist the Engineering Manager with the maintenance strategy to achieve site and business goals including proactive maintenance.
- To assist with the implementation plan to deliver the strategy with clear accountabilities, milestones and targets, using best practice tools and techniques.
- Identify compliance and improvement opportunities with respect to equipment upgrade and / or replacement and manage accordingly.
- Complete/task engineering workload in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Operations colleagues.
- Facilitation of any staff members involved with operation of the plant has received the appropriate information and instruction as per the manufacturer’s guidance and advice.
- To have machine/process operational skills in order to provide cover, supervision and offer improvement and development insight.
- Any other responsibilities commensurate with the post
- Any other reasonable requests made by the Directors
RoS International Ltd is a well established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.