Shift M/S Maintenance Engineer, Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician, Senior Maintenance Engineer
Location East Yorkshire- Commutable from Beverley, Barton, Brough, Brigg, Cottingham, Driffield, Hessle, Howden, Hull, Goole, Market Weighton, North Cave, North Ferriby, Willerby.
£40,000-£44,000 + Overtime + Bonus + Contributory Pension + Other Benefits
- Excellent Training provided with the company offering ongoing support and development both for Technical and Personal advancement. The company can offer both on the job training and external training with courses provided.
- Lots of Variety in the role including Maintenance, Projects and CI Work.
- A real opportunity to get more involved in PLCs and Robotics including Excellent Training
- Excellent Shift pattern were you never work Saturday nights or Sunday nights
- Chance to work on state of the art modern technology in a clean and safe environment. The company also have further investment planned in the coming months.
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
My client is a leading manufacturer of innovative products for the domestic, commercial, and industrial sectors. The company are well established and have other sites across the UK. They are at the forefront of innovation and are always looking for product improvements and launching new product ranges.
You must have the following:
- Must have served a recognised Multi-Skilled or Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship
- Must have 17th or 18th edition
- Must have previously worked in an industrial / factory / manufacturing-based environment.
- Must have experience of PLCs, Drives and Inverters
- Must be multi-skilled
- Must be driven and have a hunger to learn
- Must be a team player and be able to communicate with other engineers and production staff
- Must be a problem solver and understand manufacturing systems
- Must be IT literate and have good PC skills
The successful candidate will be working in the support Engineering Team on a rotating shift basis working 12-hour shifts. The position will be varied, and you will be expected to do a mixture of both routine and Pre-Planned Maintenance to help the shift technicians and work directly in engineering improvement projects.
Although the role is multi-skilled there will be a lot of Electrical work involved on Drive Systems, Inverters, PLCs, and Robotics. There will be a key focus on improving OEE on site and equipment reliability. My client is looking for candidates that can offer improvements on site whether it is Process Improvements or in PLC modifications to get the best out of the machinery.
The company can boast an impressive site with modern technology on site including robotics, lasers, thermos-forming machinery, material handling equipment, conveyors, and some CNC machines. The company have already introduced various lean manufacturing procedures and want to achieve world class manufacturing standards in the next few years.
Maintain the overall site infrastructure.
Provide prompt response to breakdowns and production issues.
Trouble shoot machinery issues, carry out root cause analysis and implement robust engineering solutions.
Drive and facilitate continuous improvement activity.
Support data driven problem solving activity.
Support engineering improvement projects and installation work.
Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
Support the ‘Team Supervisor’ in the recording and maintenance of critical machine spare stock.
Propose and implement cost saving and waste reduction initiatives.
Represent the maintenance department in daily tiered production meetings.
Take ownership of specific areas of production equipment and processes with respect to PM activity and CI.
Constantly seek to develop your equipment and process knowledge as well as overall technical skill set.