Shift Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer x 3
Commutable from North Scarle, Lincoln, Newark, North Hykeham, Nettleton, Branston, Collingham, Retford, Saxillby, Scampton, Sutton on Trent.
Salary and Benefits
- £36,000- £40,000 + Pension +Overtime + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Exciting time to join the business with lots of recent investment and further growth plans in place
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
- A key role in the business and chance to make a huge impact
My client are a well-established niche manufacturing firm who have 2 sites on the Lincolnshire / Nottinghamshire border. They have a strong brand presence and a history of producing world class products. The business has recently been taken over by a bigger group who are investing heavily in the site both in new machinery and trying to introduce new SOPs and improvements to raise standards even further. Due to the site wanting to run 24/7 they require 3 additional shift Engineers to help support the team.
You must have the following:
- Must be a time served Engineer
- Must be multi-skilled and be confident to tackle both Electrical and Mechanical problems
- Must be happy to do reactive work, PPMs and Projects
- Must be happy to work 4 on 4off 12 hour shifts doing both days and nights
- Any previous Food or FMCG experience would be ideal
The Engineer is responsible for assisting the Engineering Team in the delivery of an effective maintenance program, using Planned and Predictive Maintenance and for self-development; aligned and working in a consistent way across all production areas of the factory. Responsible for assisting the Engineering Team in Managing Improvement activities and for providing project support and leadership as required. Assist the Engineering Team with the site technical activities such as legislative compliance, and maintenance. Ensuring a rapid response and effective production cover.
- Responsible for carrying out daily planned, predictive and condition based maintenance across the site to ensure it provides Effective Cover and Improved Efficiency for all the Production Line Plant and Equipment
- Provide a motivated and performance based rapid response to the needs of the Factory Production Teams
- Actively seek Effective Training and Development of themselves and assist with the training and development of others
- Assist with an Effective Control for all outside contractors engaged in Engineering Installation or Improvement Works across the factory
- Develop a close working relationship with all Production teams to ensure that good levels of support to minimize downtime and improve the overall efficiency of the plant
- Use the Engineering Stores Efficiently, that any Wastage is Minimal and that all Engineering Costs are minimized
- Uphold Good Standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping for all parts of the site that are the Responsibility of the Engineering Department
- Provide Accurate Data and Information to the Engineering Technician on any Safety Incidents, Breakdown or Loss Production Downtime, Site Damage. Populate the engineering log with accurate and information ensuring all relevant time fields are completed
- Will work closely with the Engineering Supervisor to Control and Optimize all Engineering Labour and Material Costs including Spares, Raw Materials and Consumables
- Ensure that Communication with the Engineering Team and On-Coming Shift engineers is Maximized and Current and Future Workloads are Briefed out Effectively
- Assist the Engineering Team with the Maintenance, Control, Metering and Management of the Site Services Equipment throughout the Factory
- Maintain the Technical Library to ensure all technical manuals are returned to the rightful place after use
- Actively seek out plant improvements identified during breakdowns, planned maintenance or during normal production sweep checks
- To maintain Health and Safety practices on site to ensure the wellbeing and duty of care of all employees and yourself
To apply for the Shift M/S Maintenance Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 6153SC by email to email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
SECTOR: Manufacturing / Engineering / FMCG