JOB TITLE: Senior Specification Technologist
COMMUTABLE FROM: Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, Tamworth, Loughborough, Leicester, Coalville, Uttoxeter, Cannock, Ilkeston, Nuneaton and Hinkley
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Pension Scheme
- Life insurance
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our client is one of the world leading Manufacturers, they have over 60 manufacturing facilities worldwide and have several supplier’s contracts in place with major blue-chip companies.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in the food industry, preferably within a technical, process or quality department
- Experience in finished product specification completion
- Have the ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Food Science/Technology Degree or equivalent relevant qualifications would be advantageous
ROLE INFORMATION: Working as part of a large technical team, the successful Senior Specifications Technologist will be responsible for ensuring that all product specifications are created, updated and maintained according to the requirements of the company, its customers and relevant guidance, regulation and legislation adopting a right first-time approach.
Duties will include:
- Completion and review of all own brand product specifications ensuring they accurately reflect the product supplied.
- Completion of customer specifications via multiple online specification & technical portals including account specific responsibilities and requirements.
- Liaising with national account managers and suppliers to ensure all product specifications are reviewed in time for product launches and annually thereafter.
- Support/mentor spec writers/QS admin team with specifications/customer requests
- Completion of internal specification documents and raw materials documents to ensure commercial security is maintained.
- Completion of customer submission forms, questionnaires, technical and routine requests in timely manner and to agreed deadlines.
- Supporting NPD, Process and Buying teams with interpretation of food regulations, customer policies and codes of practice for any new developments.
- Updating internal technical systems and trackers daily and during new product launches and communicating in a timely manner to the relevant personnel.
- Checking product artwork and signing off packaging on delivery to site to ensure compliance with UK and EU legal labelling regulations and customer specific requirements and codes of practice.
- Creation of pack copy documents for own brand product launches.
- Maintaining controlled library of customer requirements and supplier details.
- Maintaining an internal review program to ensure all specifications are reviewed at least annually, but also when changes have been made in process, ingredients or suppliers.
- Organising and validating of scheduled traceability challenges in line with the HACCP and Quality Management System.
To apply for the Senior Specification Technologist role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 5840KS: by email to Katie Seed : email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.