Production Planning Manager , Planning Manager
Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Leven, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
£45,000-£50,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme + Life Assurance
- Chance to join a Market Leading business who can offer stability
- Great Variety within the role with lots of different products
- This is a great opportunity for someone to put their own stamp on the department and make changes to the systems
My client is a market leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Planning Manager to join their team. The company have sites across the UK and have continued to expand into other markets with new factories being set up and acquisitions into other businesses.
You must have the following:
Must have worked as a Planning Manager or Senior Planner previously and have experience of leading a small team
- Must have proven planning experience in the food sector
- Someone who can help make improvements and drive the department forward
- Must have good IT skills including Excel
- Must have excellent mathematical and numerical skills along with computer skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills
The key elements of the role are to work closely with the Site Director for making sure that the factory is fully loaded and working at peak capacity. Ensure manufacturing operations meet customer expectations for lead-time and delivery performance.
The post holder will be part of a team of 4 in the planning dept and will have a day’s planner and 2 shift planners reporting into them.
- Compiles data from sources, such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting report and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping and other records.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the Formix, FOBS System and the general day to day running of its operation and maintenance.
- To be responsible for setting and maintain new products on their systems
- To oversee bulk and retail planning and delivery of achievable production plans using business processes in order to meet the Customer’s needs.
- To by reasonable of buying of raw materials, ingredients, and packaging
- Source new products and suppliers, ensuring their success through research, negotiating the trading agreements, supply terms and pricing
- Manage existing suppliers ensuring mutual beneficial working relationships, reviewing service levels, supporting, and negotiating terms and prices
- Reporting daily, weekly, and monthly KPI’s
- Keeps back-order file in established sequence and releases back orders for issue or shipment as stock becomes available.
- Compiles stock control records and information, such as consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current market conditions, to determine stock supply and need for replenishment.
- Co-ordination of stock counts, investigation & reconciliation of discrepancies and putting in place remedial action plans.
- Required to liaise closely with production, customer services, purchasing and logistic departments. To ensure efficiency, productivity, and minimum downtime.
Liaise with Managers / Supervisors regarding any issues and report on a daily basis
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.