JOB TITLE: Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Fitter / Mechanical Craftsman / Mechanical Engineer
COMMUTABLE FROM: Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Bath, Swindon, Cirencester, Bristol
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £36,000 – £40,000 + Overtime
COMPANY INFORMATION: My client specialises in the Environmental Services sector. An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work at an Energy from Waste Facility.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Time served apprentice qualified to NVQ level 3, BTEC, City and Guilds or equivalent as a minimum.
- Experience of welding and fabrication desirable.
- Extensive maintenance experience in the power generation sector. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Oil, Coal or Biomass or time served Armed Forces engineer.
- Exposure to working in demanding and dynamic environments, with a proven ability to remain calm and offer consistent leadership.
- Knowledge of all relevant facility consents, H&S legislation, safe working environments, safety rules and outages.
- Salary dependent upon experience and successful completion of site training programme.
- Abide by all company and site safety policies and procedures.
- Report all health, safety and environmental concerns, near misses and incidents via the site reporting system.
- Ensure all routine maintenance tasks are completed on time and recorded in the plants maintenance management system.
- Ensure all emergent work is prioritised, completed in a timely manner and recorded in the plants maintenance management system.
- Assist the Mechanical Engineer by reviewing, updating, and modifying the plants maintenance plans in the plant’s maintenance management system.
- Assist in the development of work scopes & supervise contractors during the plant’s annual outage.
- Manage plant improvement projects from evaluation through to implementation.
- Train to be the lead authority on the maintenance and operation of selected plant systems and equipment.
- To maintain all equipment as directed by the Mechanical Engineer and report any defects or incorrect operation.
- To work toward the safe and timely repair of failed equipment.
- To investigate and rectify mechanical faults and minimize plant downtime.
- To recommend plant spares holdings to the Mechanical Engineer.
- Assist the Mechanical Engineer to manage statutory inspections ensuring all documentation is completed and up to date.
- Assist Mechanical Engineer with arranging and managing maintenance service contracts for specialist equipment.
- Manage annual maintenance and servicing contracts for selected plant equipment and systems.
- Assist in co-ordinating mechanical maintenance activities and assist other disciplines where necessary during planned or unplanned shutdowns.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of apprentices.
- Support the plants operation on a 24/7 basis by attending call outs and working overtime as and when required.
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.