Mechanical Assembly / Mechanical Fitter
£28,279 + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + Overtime + Bonus + Pension + Sick Pay + Healthcare Scheme + Income Protection
Commutable from Hull, Beverley, Brigg, Bridlington, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Howden, Goole, Willerby
- Opportunity to work for a stable and well-established company
- Excellent Training Provided
- Overtime available on weekends.
- Long term stability and chance to progress
My client is a specialist manufacturing firm who supply their products across the world including North America, the former soviet states and many developing countries. The firm is very well established and have an ever-growing order book. They have recently set out on expanding after a busy period during the pandemic and have excellent growth plans set out for the business and its staff for the coming years.
You must have the following:
- Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship advantageous.
- Experienced in a similar hands-on machinist role
Experience of using Radial Arm Drill
▪ Strong manufacturing and engineering knowledge
- Must have some Mechanical Assembly Experience
▪ Experience of reading engineering drawings etc
▪ Appropriate and relevant mechanical or Engineering qualifications
My client is looking to an Assembly Fitter willing to work Monday Friday on a permanent day shifts 7am to 3pm and a 2:30pm finish on a Friday.
Follow established manufacturing procedures to fit, fabricate and assemble the structural components that make up the Company’s leading products, ensuring the correct fitting of all parts. Repairing and servicing machinery as required
Heavy lifting of equipment
▪ Study and interpret engineering technical drawings to perform tasks to exact specifications
▪ Strong understanding of customer requirements
▪ Manipulation of products in JIGS
▪ Drilling, reaming, countersinking, counterboring, tapping and spot facing using a radial arm drill
▪ Quality check products against specifications and customer requirements Ad-hoc Requirements
▪ Painting finished products using airless sprayer
▪ Visiting customer sites to perform work as required, which may occasionally be overseas Health & Safety
▪ Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
▪ Identify & report injury causes in the workplace inclusive of near misses
▪ Ensure strict adherence to any requirements to always wear the correct PPE
▪ Ensure correct hygiene standards are adhered to for own work and surrounding areas
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.