JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer, Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer (mech bias), Mechanical Technician
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Selby, Pontefract, Barnsley, Worksop, Gainsborough
SHIFT PATTERN: 12 Hour days 3 on 3off working 6am to 6pm
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £41 124.72pa
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing after 1 years’ service
- Share scheme allowance
- Life assurance and employee assistance
- No nights involved
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a leading manufacturer in the Yorkshire area that currently have a large number of contracts in place with major retail brands.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC, ONC or Apprenticeship in a relevant mechanical engineering discipline
- Ideally have experience working in a fast paced Manufacturing environment
- Ability to work alone
- Must have experience of working with a CMMS System
- Must be happy to work 12 hr day shifts
- 16th/17th/18th Edition or Electrical appreciation would be advantageous
Duties will include both reactive and planned and preventative maintenance on a variety of production equipment, carrying out any project/ upgrade work when needed to the lines. This role will be an autonomous role were the successful candidate will be expected to make CI improvements and also help implement a PPM system for this area of the business.
- Work closely with both the maintenance and production teams to ensure that the equipment is well maintained to maximise uptime
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs in the area
- Participate in improvement initiative in the area
- Involvement in machinery installs and smaller scale modifications
- Set up and carry out preventative maintenance procedures
- Housekeeping activities and operate within a structure housekeeping rota to keep area clean
- Adhere to H&S regulations & procedures and company processes
- Able to carry out some manual handing tasks
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.