JOB TITLE: Junior Controls Engineer, Junior Electrical Systems Engineer, Junior PLC Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Technician (Days)
SHIFT PATTERN: Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Pontefract, Howden, Selby, Castleford, York, Scunthorpe, Goole, Knottingley, Eggborough, Barlby, Wakefield and Garforth
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£38000 – £40000 + Overtime + Pension + Bonus
- Excellent training provided
- Chance to work for a forward think business in a modern automation environment
- No nights or Weekends
- Longer Term opportunity to progress within the business
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a world leading manufacturing company. They currently operate in numerous locations around the globe. They are investing heavily on the site in the next 2 years in new technology and automation.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Relevant Electrical or Controls Engineering Qualification (HNC, HND, City and Guilds, Time served etc.)
- Experience in Manufacturing
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must have good H&S knowledge
- Experience interrogating Siemens S7 PLC’s
- Must be able to fault find and interrogate and programme PLC’s
- 16th, 17th or 18th Edition
- To provide support to the Electrical Systems Engineer
- To provide support to the production and maintenance teams.
- To carry out maintenance to process and ancillary control equipment.
- To take a key role in the continuous improvement of the process, plant and equipment.
- To take a part in ensuring plant, systems and personnel comply with the requirements of H&S, IMS and Environmental Systems and legislation at all times.
- To provide electrical maintenance support as directed to facilitate fault diagnosis and root cause on critical plant and equipment in a timely manner. This may involve flexible working
- Ensure that all systems work (project / shutdown or other) is correctly planned / engineered and implemented safety / effectively to time and budget in order that the site’s performance / OEE targets are achieved.
- To assist in ensuring that all personnel, visitors and contractors on site comply with company safety, quality and environmental policies.
- To maintain a safe, clean, tidy and well-maintained working environment throughout the site
- To assist in the checking and updating of Risk Assessments as necessary.
- To be fully competent and engaged in the use of the site’s CMMS, both facilitating the production of work activities as well as updating equipment history via job closure / follow up.
- Provide “hands-on” maintenance support during planned shutdown days.
- To assist in ensuring assets are maintained and actively seek ways to develop and increase machine availability, reduce downtime and increase production throughput.
- To suggest and assist in the development of capital applications.
- To take a leading role in assigned improvement projects, communicating with other departments to ensure timely completion.
- To work and communicate effectively with other departments to facilitate the successful operation of the business.
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.