JOB TITLE: Instrument Technician (Days)
COMMUTABLE FROM: Hull, Barton, Beverley, Brigg, Hessle, Scunthorpe, Howden, Goole, Driffield, Bridlington, Grimsby,
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £40k – 42k DOE
- Private Pension Scheme (9%)
- Discretionary Bonus
- Health insurance
- Life assurance x 4
- Death in service x 6
- Onsite Restaurant
- Gym available from 2023
Shift: Mon-Fri – 7-3
My client is a worldwide Chemical manufacturing firm who supply to a wide range of sectors across the world. The role will be working at a Top Tier Comah site based in Hull that has recently undergone significant investment and expansion over the last 12 months.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Apprentice trained or equivalent
- Have experience as an Instrument Technician
- Ideally be HNC or equivalent qualified
- Compex 01 – 04 certificate
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Temperature, Pressure, Flow and Level systems.
- Experience of Safe isolation of E&I systems.
- Experience of Maintenance of Instrument equipment and associated control systems
- Experience of Installation, inspection, and maintenance of hazardous area equipment.
- The ability to fault find on E&I equipment and systems.
The post holder will provide a day-based engineering support service to the onsite assets. They will be required to work with minimal supervision as part of a team of operations, instrument, electrical and mechanical personnel and have the ability to maximise the reliability and availability of the assets and ensure SHE targets are met. This requires the application of practical and organisational skills to resolve maintenance issues.
To undertake the day-to-day instrument technician core role activities including breakdown and preventative maintenance, repair, and installation of Instrument equipment:
- InteRact with the maintenance coordination team, discipline engineers and operations technicians to be advised of, and understand daily plant issues. Then have the ability to act on these and deliver solutions
- Work with permit signatories daily to discuss and prepare permit requests, method statements and risk assessments
- Regularly liaise with other trade disciplines and the supervisors for scaffolding and lagging when they are required to support specific jobs. This often necessitates coordination of their work and permit requirements
- Become conversant within the permit system
- Carry out enabling isolations on the sites Instrument systems
- Fault finding following equipment failure, identifying problems and then have the ability to resolve these within a specified timescale whilst minimising costs. This may include organising spares, labour, and third-party interaction upfront to minimise downtime
To be competent in the operation, maintenance, and installation of Instrument systems in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures:
- Hazardous area equipment inspections and installations to the IEC60079 standard
- Maintain awareness of procedures, rules and regulations that apply to Instrument activities. To be conversant with all E&I codes of practice
- To advise the asset E&I engineers on maintenance issues and field observations to achieve continuous improvement
- Identify and specify equipment requiring procurement. To consult with suppliers on technical issues and ensure that procured equipment will meet standards of design and performance
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.