JOB TITLE: Hydraulic Engineer
COMMUTABLE FROM: North Yorkshire – Commutable from; York, Pickering, Ripon, North Yorkshire, Northallerton, Malton, Scarborough
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £29,000 per annum + Overtime available
- 37 hours per week (Mon-Thurs 8.30am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm)
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- 5% pension
- Private healthcare
- 2x salary death in service benefits
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our client is a leader in the development of custom-made plant to the oil and gas industry. An organisation with an excellent reputation for training and development.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hydraulic Engineering or related/equivalent subject (lesser qualifications coupled with suitable design experience may be considered)
- Safety conscious, attentive to QHS&E policies and regulations
- Sound engineering knowledge
- Cost consciousness
- Ability to work as part of a multidiscipline team or individually on projects.
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task or work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD/DraftSight, SolidWorks and conversant with Mathcad
- Willingness to learn new engineering skills.
- Design of complex hydraulic systems
- Pumping systems (oil and water)
- Knowledge of a range of sealing systems, uses and applications. Systems sizing, flow loss calculations etc
- Systems component selection, cylinders, valves, pumps, motors etc.
- Pipework layout and support, fitting systems, etc. Knowledge of load, deflection and stress analysis
- Knowledge of control engineering and control software
- Geotechnical, soil mechanics and water jetting calculations
- Gas systems design, breathing and high-pressure air systems CFD Analysis using Ansys and/or SolidWorks Simulation
- Structural analysis, scoping calculations, hand calculations
- Good theoretical understanding of material science for sub-sea use including galvanic and other corrosion effects
- Inspection, testing and certification requirements. Ergonomics. Completing and checking designs and documentation. Tolerancing, limits and fits. Drawing layout and symbols
Our client are looking for a Hydraulic Engineer to join them on a permanent basis to provide support functions and engineering design under the supervision of the senior engineers.
- Provide design input on projects and produce engineering designs, specifications, and documentation to ISO 9001
- Assist in the preparation of operating and maintenance manuals and provide offsite engineering support for new products
- Assist sales and marketing in the preparation of quotes and proposals
- Provide technical support to the production, logistics and integration departments
- Work within the requirements of company procedures and national and international regulations.
To apply for the Hydraulic Engineer role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 6141CJ by email to Charlotte : firstname.lastname@example.org RoS International s Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
SECTOR: Engineering / Mechanical