Health & Safety Officer
Based in East Yorkshire – Commutable from Beverley, Barton, Bridlington, Brigg, Cottingham, Driffield, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Hutton Cranswick, Market Weighton, Willerby
£25,000-£30,000 + Pension + 25 days holiday + Life Insurance + Gym Membership + Health Care scheme + Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to join a niche manufacturing firm in a growing and innovative market
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the company
- Friendly working environment and atmosphere
My client is a leading manufacturer who supplies specialist products to a range of industries including Healthcare, Logistics, Payment, Automotive and Medical. The company is part of a worldwide group. They are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer to join their team.
You must have the following:
- Must have Nebosh certificate
- Experience of working in a Health & Safety conscious environment
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience & competence with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience of risk management.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage own workload and work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable working in detail.
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
The purpose of the job is to oversee several key areas for the business:
- Health & Safety
- ISO Certification Support & Maintenance (Health & Safety – 45001, Quality – 9001, Environment – 14001)
In consultation with management team, you will support the plan for the areas highlighted above and oversee the execution of any day-to-day requirements and provide reports on the highlighted areas as and when required
Key Accountabilities/Deliverables Quality & Health & Safety:
- Maintenance on daily basis of ISO Systems (9001, 14001, 45001), overseeing and preparing for audits, with support of Quality Control Manager, Technical Manager and R&D Manager
- Chair regular H&S Management Meetings
- Oversee execution of all actions stemming from the H&S meetings
- Oversee proper investigation and accurate recording of details into ANY accident that happens within the workplace
- Ensure timely compliance to any directives / edicts issued by the company insurers
- Regular reporting to SLT (Site Leadership Team) on all matters Health and Safety accompanying by relevant KPIs
- Oversee and manage all planned external audits (with support from QC Manager), reporting back results and actions to SLT.
- Identifying, reviewing, and creating site procedures and processes in line with Business directive of continuous improvement and social responsibility.
To apply for the role of Health &Safety / Facilities Officer please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 6041SC by email to Simon Cutsforth, firstname.lastname@example.org – RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP – Tel 01482 211155
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.