Health and Safety Assistant, Health Safety Quality Officer, Trainee HSQ Officer, Graduate Health Safety Quality Officer
Based in East Yorkshire Commutable from Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Cottingham, Doncaster, Driffield, Hessle, Howden, Hull, Goole, Grimsby, Market Weighton, Pocklington, Scunthorpe, York.
Salary and Benefits: £25,000-£30,000 + Life Assurance + Pension + 5% Bonus + Health Insurance + 25 Days holiday plus stats
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone at the start of their HSE Journey who wants a long term career in Health and Safety
- A structured training and progression plan will be provided for the successful candidate with a mix of internal on the job training and also external training courses provided to help with your development. Your salary increases as your skills and competence increase over time.
- Opportunity to join a world class organisation and help make improvements to their H&S and Quality procedures
- The chance to work in a stimulating and satisfying work environment who are at the very forefront of modern innovative technology and produce cutting edge products to a range of sectors across the globe.
- Longer term chance to progress within the business.
My client a leading OEM manufacturer is currently on the lookout for a Health and Safety Assistant. The firm operates in a niche market and are expanding at a rapid rate. This role can offer both long term stability and the chance to advance your career with the business and progress further. The client is an award-winning business and supply to a range of industries including Aerospace, Food and Drink, Plastics, Automotive and Fashion. The business produces high value / low volume products to these sectors in a modern, clean and professional factory.
You must have the following:
- Must have IOSH as a minimum and be either working towards or completed their Nebosh
- An understanding of all aspects of H&S and risk management
- An understanding of current H&S legislation, management, and standards
- Knowledge of workplace wellbeing initiatives and how they add value to an Organisation
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility /versatility combined with initiative, drive, and ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service focused, demonstrating an appetite to deliver beyond Expectation
- Approachable, human, and fair with an inherent drive to continuously deliver an exceptional service to colleagues, end users, direct reports, and senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of key stakeholders
The H&S Assistant will be expected to Develop and implement business processes and standards relating to Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and other relevant areas of the company activities.They will be tasked to support the Senior Management Team and Quality, Health and Safety Manager in maintaining a safe working environment, the wellbeing of all employees, visitors and contractor in full compliance with all legal obligations.
The accountabilities of the role include :
- Assist in the production, develop, and review all aspects of the H&S policies ensuring that they are implemented consistently across the business
- Support and uphold regular Health and Safety meetings and initiatives
- Produce effective risk assessments and risk management strategies where required
- Support the strategic direction for effective H&S management and appropriate workplace programmes, co-ordinating a wide range of HSE Issues
- Monitor, evaluate, and review existing, new, and upcoming H&S legislation and ensure that the company has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance and other requirements
- Ensure that accidents and incidents are rigorously investigated to prevent reoccurrence
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to drive continual improvement
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure that onsite engineers / contractors are provided with information, instruction, training, and supervision
- Support the delivery of an effective H&S training programme to comply with legislation
- Co-ordinate and mange provision and certification of essential PPE
- Management of Regulator Visits, and Inspections, liaising with the maintenance team to ensure we are on schedule
To apply for the role of Health and Safety Assistant /Health Safety Officer role please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref 6242SC by email to: Simon Cutsforth – email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd are a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.