JOB TITLE: Head of Engineering, Engineering Lead (Renewables)
COMMUTABLE FROM: Hull, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, York, Barton upon Humber, Brigg, Goole, Grimsby, Sheffield, Bridlington, Howden
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £70k-£80k + Bonus + Car Allowance + Pension + 25 days holidays plus stats + Death in service + Medical Cover
- Chance to make a real difference and help shape the future of the company
- Exciting growth plans
- Chance to deliver some of the biggest projects in the industry.
- Opportunity to help grow and develop your own design team
My client is a leading renewable Heating and Energy provider with ambitious growth plans. Focussing mainly on large commercial and industrial projects across the UK they have an exciting 12 months ahead with two huge projects set to start and various smaller projects across the UK. They specialise in Air Source Heat Pumps, Water Source Heat Pumps, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Solar, Underfloor Heating and Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery Systems. They employ 30 directly at present, but the workforce will grow as their turnover looks set to multiply over the next couple of years.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Degree or master’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Extensive experience in process engineering, ideally specialising in heating/cooling projects.
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team of Engineers.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in delivering projects on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of relevant standards and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel as required.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Head of Engineering with a strong process engineering background, ideally specializing in heating/cooling projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and leading a new team to deliver several landmark decarbonisation schemes. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Engineering will lead the engineering function and be responsible for ensuring the successful technical delivery of contract schemes from initial enquiry through to commissioning on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards working closely with the delivery team.
Build and lead a new engineering team to deliver several landmark decarbonisation schemes. The business are focussed on developing new talent, with the role leading on recruitment and retention of the great team they have already developed.
Work closely with the Managing Director to define and implement the engineering strategy for the company.
Lead the engineering function and ensure the successful delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
Develop and implement robust project management processes to ensure effective delivery of projects.
Define and manage the technical requirements for projects, ensuring compliance with relevant standards and regulations.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
Provide technical leadership and guidance to the engineering team and ensure the continuous development of skills and capabilities within the team.
Work closely with other functions within the company, including sales, operations, and finance, to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Stay up-to-date with the latest technological developments and trends in the industry, and ensure that the engineering function is at the forefront of innovation.
To apply for the Head of Engineering role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 6227SC by email to Simon Cutsforth: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.
SECTOR: Renewable Energy