Engineering Supervisor / Maintenance Chargehand
Based in East Yorkshire Commutable from Anlaby, Barton, Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Brough, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Howden, Hull, Goole, Leven, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits:
– £50,000 + overtime available + Pension + Share Saver Scheme
– Chance to work for a growing and established Company
– Four on four off days based
– Longer term opportunity to progress
My client is a leading food manufacturing company who are looking to recruit an Engineering Supervisor to work on a 4 on 4off Days shift pattern. The company have several sites across the UK and supply to the major supermarkets. The business has undergone significant growth over the last few years and can offer both stability and progression opportunities.
You must have the following:
- Ideally previous experience of working in a Charge Hand, Team Leader, or Supervisory capacity, however consideration will be given for experienced /Senior Maintenance Engineers wanting to make the next step up.
- Must be Multi-skilled
- Must be a logical problem solver and be able to fault find under pressure.
- Must be able to work to KPIs
- It is essential candidates can work under pressure.
- Experience of both reactive and pre-planned maintenance
- Must be familiar with asset care, yields, downtime and someone who can help make improvements.
- Ideally candidates would have food experience, but other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
- Ideally have IOSH
The Engineering Supervisor will be expected to lead, manage, and develop the Engineering team in order to provide a responsive, professional and quality aware engineering maintenance service. Ensure maximum operational effectiveness from equipment and facilities, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the competitiveness of the company and ensure a physical environment fit for manufacturing quality food products in compliance with current health & safety legislation. The role will be working on a 4 on 4 off days basis and the postholder will be responsible for a team of 4.
- Manage the planned preventative maintenance systems and culture for all areas including PPM schedules for all plant and equipment, management of data regarding machine breakdowns, fault analysis and update of PPM procedures
- Ensure that operational efficiencies and effectiveness are continuously improved with consequential reduced operating costs
- Ensure that quality, health and safety and environmental standards are developed, maintained and enhanced and are fully complied with by contractors and staff
- Lead, coach and develop staff to ensure capability to deliver current and future business objectives
- Maintain and develop the building, environment and plant including heating, ventilation, fire protection equipment and plant, pipework and plumbing, alarm systems, security systems to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors
- Timely and accurately support communications between the shifts
- Ensure equipment operates at a standard in order to achieve the customer’s required product specification
- Technical input to assist in the delivery of projects and initiatives which will impact the profitability of the business
- Maintenance and development of operating standards:
- Health & Safety
- Housekeeping / hygiene
- Training and development
- Employee relations
- Control the activities of contract labour and inspect the quality of their work
- Supervise engineering staff’s activities during production morning start up
- Plan weekend maintenance and ensure spares are available in advance
- Co-ordinate workshop activities
- Work with technical on all audit work
- Attend major breakdowns
- Control and organise building fabric maintenance repair work
- Play an active part in the site’s Health and Safety committee
- Co-ordinate the engineering shift’s work activities
- Continually appraise staff performance and take appropriate actions when required
- Deal with staff issues with discretion and confidentially
- Manage holidays to ensure correct manning level’s at all times
- Work closely with the Health & Safety Officer on issues of machine guarding and safety
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Mentor and coach people
- Improve processes and practices
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Objectively assess the team’s performance and develop improvement plans
- Ensure clarity of role for team members, including assigning of tasks, coaching and providing feedback
- Effective labour planning to limit reliance on overtime working within the department
- Conduct data analysis to identify trends and opportunities
- Assume responsibility for the management of activities which ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality
- Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verifications and other paperwork in your area
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
- Uphold good housekeeping and hygiene practices to ensure product safety, with particular attention to temperature control and general hygiene
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in an efficient manner
- Ensure that all staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines
- To identify hazards in the workplace and to take corrective action or initiate controls to minimise the risk
- To effectively promote Health, Safety and Environmental awareness within your areas of control
- Ensuring that all HSE information relevant to “preventative and protective measures” is communicated to your subordinates.
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, both in terms of people and the local area
- Effectively manage energy and waste within the department
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff into both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.