Compliance Manager (Food)
Based in East Yorkshire – Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Barton, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Grimsby, Preston Scunthorpe, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £45,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
- A modern friendly site with a great working atmosphere
My client is a leading food manufacturing company with sites across the UK. The company are going through significant growth at present as demand increases. They are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to join one of their established sites.
You must have the following:
- Proven experience in a lead Compliance, Technical or Quality role within the Food sector
- Must have auditing experience of BRC and working knowledge of the major food retailers
- Attention to Detail
- Drive to Achieve
- Strategic Vision
- Stakeholder Management
- Communicating and Influencing
- Organisation and Planning
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Managing Change
- Ensure that the traceability system is correctly operated through all stages of production manufacture from raw material intake to finished product despatch
- To support the Technical Manager in updates and improvements to the process and related procedures
- Ensure that the job holder, is working in an Ethical manner with everyone that works or visits the site and that people are always treated with respect
- To provide assistance to ensure that all internal audits (BRC and appropriate Retailer Codes of Practices) are completed as per the internal audit schedules for the site.
- To host these audits and provide all information requested where directed by the Technical Manager.
- To assist the Technical Manager in ensuring that any non-conformances raised during the internal audits are completed and signed off by the appropriate person within the agreed timescales.
- To provide assistance, as directed by the Technical Manager for any 3rd Party or Retailer visits / audits that take place on site.
- To assist the Technical Manager in the collation of all non-conformances that are raised through 3rd Party and Retailer audits / visits into a system to ensure that actions are completed, and information can be trended to highlight out areas of improvement.
- To be a member of any working party that is generated by the Technical Manager to resolve any root causes for trends that have been highlighted through the review of non-conformances.
- To complete site based internal audits against Retailer Codes of Practices and BRC standards as directed by the Technical Manager.
- To assist in the completion of GMP, Fabrication, Hygiene, Documentation, CCP, Pest Management, etc. internal audits on site. This may involve working nights.
- To manage the traceability system for the site and complete any traceability study that is requested by customers, sister sites, 3rd Parties or through the routine schedule to the required standard and required timescales. Where any issues are highlighted through these traceability studies to co-ordinate with the appropriate area manager / supervisors to drive improvements and establish root cause.
- To review customer complaint data and establish trends. To establish root cause and preventative actions and to work with area managers / supervisors to drive improvements.
- To be the Label Verification champion for the site and manage the system to ensure that all labels are installed into the software and those operatives are trained in the use of the equipment. To be the focal point for any issue raised and to work with the approved contractor to resolve.
- To provide a flexible resource to the Technical Manager for any other reasonable duties.
- Any other responsibilities commensurate with the post. Any other reasonable requests made by the Directors
- Ensure that you understand and adhere to your personal responsibilities with regard the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 or Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order SI 1978/1039
- Take reasonable care for your own and other’s health and safety while at work and to Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
- Anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare must not be intentionally or recklessly interfered with or misused.
- Ensuring all machinery under your control has a pre-start safety check to include; machinery, lighting, flooring, fire escape routes & good housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for reviewing risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Responsible to ensure that your direct staff have the relevant training to carry the tasks they are undertaking and Responsible for monitoring & reviewing staff behaviours, challenging unsafe behaviours / practices and correcting them. Coaching and mentoring your team through periods of change.
- Ensuring effective engagement on H&S matters with your direct reports and creating a forum for communication.
- Ensuring all relevant safety inspections are undertaken and documented as required and any defects / issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensuring any corrective actions assigned to yourself are closed out within agreed timescales.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to company policies, procedures, site rules and information and instruction given by your employer.
- Where there are any Environmental Permit conditions in place, to ensure that where you have direct influence on these areas, then these are adhered to within the required limits.
- To work in partnership with the Senior Management team on site to be part of the Culture of the site which drives Food Safety, H&S, Ethical, Environmental and Energy behaviours.