JOB TITLE: Category Manager – Direct Materials / Group Category Manager / Procurement Category Manager
COMMUTABLE FROM: Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Leeds, Selby, Pontefract, Barnsley, Worksop, Gainsborough
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- £56,000 – £72,000 DOE
- Company Car
- 20% company bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing after 1 years’ service
- Share scheme allowance
- Life assurance and employee assistance
- Mobile, gym, high street retail discount
COMPANY INFORMATION: Our Client is a market-leading organisation within the Yorkshire area who currently have a large number of projects and contracts in place with leading UK brands.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Category Management experience on commodities – ideally polymer supply chain knowledge
- Previous experience in category strategy management and contracts
- Strong negotiation skills and supplier relationship management
- Experience in stakeholder engagement
- CIPS Qualification is preferred
ROLE INFORMATION: Within the Category Manager role, you will be responsible for the procurement of polymers and direct materials across the business. You will be conducting and completing category strategy plans, contractual negotiations and implementation of identified strategies. As well as this, you will be managing critical supplier and stakeholder relationships.
- Identify and implement the best strategies for the group on direct materials or areas of substantial risk / spend whilst ensuring the Company’s commercial position is protected.
- Continuously gather, analyse, interpret, and act upon market intelligence.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the different businesses to ensure full buy-in to the purchasing strategy and ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensure full compliance in the execution of Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Introduce and improve the efficiency of the Purchase to Pay (P2P) process
- Work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to implement sustainable and strategies
- Collaborate with the wider procurement team to improve the functions of performance
To apply for the Category Manager role, please send your CV along with your salary details, quoting ref: 6330CJ by email to Charlotte Johnson: email@example.com RoS International Ltd, 16 Parliament Street, Hull, HU1 2AP, Tel 01482 211155
RoS International Ltd is a well-established and respected Engineering and Technical Recruitment Company. Since 1991 we have been placing staff in both permanent and contract vacancies throughout the UK.
We often have such a large response to our advertisements that we are unable to provide feedback to every applicant. If you do not receive an email from us within the next 14 days your application has been unsuccessful. We would like to keep your details on file for future vacancies unless you state otherwise.