Assistant Technical Manager, Factory Technical Manager
Based in East Yorkshire – Commutable from Beverley, Bridlington, Brigg, Barton, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Hull, Grimsby, Preston Scunthorpe, Willerby.
Salary and Benefits
- £45,000 + Pension + Share Saver Scheme after 12 months
- Chance to work for a growing and established Company
- Longer term opportunity to progress within the business
- A modern friendly site with a great working atmosphere
My client is a leading food manufacturing company with sites across the UK. The company are going through significant growth at present as demand increases. They are looking to recruit a Factory Technical Manager role to join the team.
You must have the following:
- Proven experience in a lead Technical role within the Food sector whether it is an Asst Tech Mgr or a QA mgr looking for the next step up or an existing Technical Manager.
- Attention to Detail
- Drive to Achieve
- Strategic Vision
- Stakeholder Management
- Communicating and Influencing
- Organisation and Planning
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Managing Change
The key elements of the role are to assume responsibility for:
- The technical, quality assurance team and compliance officer ensuring the site meets company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards.
- Ensuring that the Technical Team is adequately trained, coached and developed at all times
- Liaison with suppliers and customers as necessary
- Ensures that technical resource is available for involvement in trials associated with Technical, NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Packaging, Hygiene, etc.
- Advising other members of the Senior Management Team about quality, food safety and legislative requirements, including food safety culture and integrity
- Coaching of operations, engineering and QA teams to drive food safety culture onsite as well as ensure they understand the tasks they are completing and how their role contributes to food safety.
- Keeping abreast of changes in technology, legislation and customer requirements to ensure that the company is always fully conversant with the latest information.
- Leading site technical audits and visits, ensuring the factory is always audit ready, delivery of the brilliant basics plan
- Ensuring thorough gap analysis are completed on site ahead of implementation, putting in the right system to drive improvements across the site
- Responsible for identifying areas in which there is a perceived need to drive down KPIs.
- Accountable for ensuring that complaint, internal NC’s, audit related NC’s micro investigations etc are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible.
- Accountable for ensuring that internal contamination incident investigations are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible (in conjunction with other departments).
- Leads independent projects as and when the need arises, ensuring that all company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards are considered.
- To drive continuous improvement through the site via technical projects and systems
- To cover to the Site Technical Manager in their absence.