How to present your CV
A CV or curriculum vitae is a marketing tool. With your CV you will be able to promote yourself. Imagine the CV as being a brochure that will list the benefits of employing you. First identify the key information to be included in your CV – and decide on the most important elements.
- Make your CV clear and simple.
- Be Honest.
- Your CV should be no longer than three sides of A4 .
- Start with a short profile describing your skills, achievements and objectives.
- Next list your qualifications and memberships. Highest first.
- List your Employers in date order with your current Employer first.
- State your job title and a brief description of your duties and responsibilities for each.
- Make sure you put in all your industries relevant key words.
- Spell check everything, print it, and check it again.
- Always give names and addresses of two work referees.
Take time when writing your CV, each and every aspect should work towards creating the right impression with the employer, this can be done with the help of research to know exactly what they are looking for.